There is a large amount of talented + stylish young bloggers/vloggers out there, and Tara of FashionBambini is definitely up there on the list. Her style is everything, and she’s just honestly one of the sweetest girls ever. Her inspiring ‘identity’ videos help me so much with my confidence, and if you don’t already know her, I suggest you chuck her a follow! So, with the help of my fantastic new friend Bella, I landed an interview with her!
1. Hi there! Can you tell us a bit about yourself (name, age, hobbies etc. )
Hi!! I’m Tara, an 18 (nearly 19) year old kid from Sydney. I just finished my first year at uni studying a Bachelor of Business. I’m into personal style and creating content for my YouTube channel & Instagram, and working on my online magazine.
2. Describe you + your style in 3 words Faux-pas, eclectic & creative
3. Where do you get your source of creativity from?
I’m not sure, but I have a desire to be constantly creating which definitely fuels my my love of different mediums for expression.
4. Three fav bands/artists of all time?
Sticky Fingers, Willow Smith & Blood Orange (Dev Hynes)
(also some sneaky extras : Archy Marshall aka King Krule, Arctic Monkeys & Gus Dapperton)
5. What are some things that make you happy?
Just the basics: People I love, good music & travel.
6. Have any style inspirations (celeb, place, friend etc.)
My style inspirations are definitely an amalgamation of various things, largely people on social media who are expressing their true selves.
7. Thrifting or store-bought clothes?
Thrifting 100%! I don’t remember the last clothing item I bought in store!
8. What inspired you to start your blog/YouTube channel?
Definitely seeing other people doing it & knowing that I could do it too!
9. What is your ‘staple’ item of clothing?
A cool pair of mum jeans! My two favourites at the moment are both thrifted – a red pair & blue denim which I hacked the ends of and frayed.
10. What advice would you give to people trying to express themselves through fashion? Judgement from others is irrelevant in your life and the only thing that matters is what you like!
instagram // @tarachandra_
youtube // Tara Chandra
blog // http://www.fashionbambini.blogspot.com.au