I interviewed Freya ages ago, and never got around to posting the interview, so I thought that because I haven’t posted in a week, I’d post it now.
Freya’s YouTube is more than gorgeous, her Instagram is so inspiring and her style is really cute – earthy, brown tones, very soft. Enjoy!
1. Hi there! Can you tell us a bit about yourself (name, age, hobbies etc. )
Im Freya, I’m 17 years old and I live in Western Australia. I love painting, listening to music and being outdoors.
2. How would you describe your style?
Very 70’s inspired. I wear a lot of vintage clothes because I mainly just shop at op shops for sustainability and ethical reasons!
3. Where do you get your source of creativity from?
Everywhere! I’m a very creative person naturally but everything in the world inspires me. Especially music, natural world and people
4. Do you listen to any bands/artists?
Yes! A small list of my favourites are Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, The Police, Mac DeMarco, Tame Impala, Sticky Fingers, Ball Park Music, King Gizz, Jimi Hendrix, Tash Sultana and Ocean Alley
5. What are some things that make you smile?
Lots of things! I generally consider myself a positive person, I smile at almost every opportunity but especially when I’m with friends or see something beautiful in nature, strangers being kind to each other always makes me smile too!
6. Do you have a favourite brand?
No, I don’t pay much attention to brands but I do love sugar high love stoned, free people and somedays lovin.
7. Who was your first style icon?
Stevie nicks and Alexa Chung
8. Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly (if you had to choose)?
9. What inspired you to start your blog/YouTube channel?
I wanted to express my creativity in video and photo form and I thought those platforms would be perfect!
10. What do you think is the biggest satisfaction of being a YouTuber?
Getting comments and love from all across the globe, and editing can be really entertaining if you have an interesting video. also being able to look back on vlogs and feel all sentimental
11. Have you got any fashion obsessions (items, trends, staple pieces etc.)
I love corduroy, velvet and satin! My staple pieces are my brown boots, striped tops and all sorts of vintage denim!
12. What advice would you give to people trying to express themselves through fashion?
Be yourself, care less what other people think and wear clothes that make you feel like the person you want to be/are ⚡️
Check Freya out on her:
IG // @freyahaley
YouTube // Freya Haley