I’ve been searching for something to write about, and this past week I have had kind of like a prolonged mental blank, which is why I have been M.I.A, but I’ve been watching a lot of music videos because I have had a lot of recommendations from various people. They kind of bring me back to grade 5 when that’s all YouTube was and everyone would go home and just watch music videos all day. My friend is having a Selena Gomez obsession (her recent music video is directed by Petra!!), so that’s what got me hooked, and then all these new releases, and then King Krule’s new music video, and then Princess Nokia (thanks to my friend Kiki having her on repeat 24/7 last week), and I could go through my whole YouTube history from the past 3 days, but I’ll just stop here.
I don’t think I can go one blog post without commenting on the weather so… it’s officially spring (today felt like summer), and my mood has just lifted 100x just by the change in weather!
I was trying a more ‘street style’ look today as it has kind of been an ongoing trend recently.
TOP || My friend’s sister’s
TURTLENECK || AZUL (from Japan)
SKIRT || Thrifted
SHOES || Gorman
BEANIE || Unknown
So now for some new weekly finds:
- Björk’s music video for Venus as a Boy (I watched it 4 times. There’s something so nice and simplistic about the eggs)
- Gosha Rubchinskiy. (google him)
- Sampa the Great – my absolute favourite music artist right now. Listen to Dutch Spring and Blue Boss. She has a gorgeous voice, and her songs are so groovy and soothing.
- Pageant Studio – I didn’t even realise I was following them on Instagram, but I was going through my feed and saw their account and after stalking Pageant, I am in love with their funky colours and designs. Find them at http://www.wearepageant.com
- Another song recommendation: Best Part (feat. H.E.R) by Daniel Caesar.
Thanks for reading!