I am so cold. Like it’s been absolutely freezing in the past few days, and I’ve literally been hibernating. In that time, I’ve been watching a lot of movies, (trying) to read more books and listened to a couple of podcasts so stay tuned! I’m also trying to change the name of this blog to phiainrags officially, as I think that that suits it much more than the outdated thestyleaffair. Thoughts?
This is an old outfit that I wore on a FREEZING day in Autumn. I have been loving my puffa vest recently because it has been so cold. Plus, it’s reversible so… win win win!
Puffa Jacket \\ 2nd Hand
Jumper \\ Weekday
Dress \\ Unknown
Now that I’ve finished all my assessments for this term (thank god), I have been listening to a few podcasts, taking my time in the morning, and trying to read more books. SOoo, here’s an updated playlist, podcast and movie recommendations list:
– LEON BRIDGES: Coming Home and Bad Bad News are two of my favourite songs at the moment.
– THE MARÍAS: I heard their song Basta Ya playing in a cafe and shazamed (is that a word) it because I loved it so much. Also I Like It is so good.
– SUFJAN STEVENS: Ever since watching Call Me By Your Name, I have found the playlist so incredibly soothing. Especially Visions of Gideon and Mystery Of Love
– Tell Me It’s Going To Be Ok . Ok so I know I have been living under a rock and whatever but I never knew that you could listen to podcasts on Spotify. So one day I was just browsing and came across TMIGTBOK (that’s a lot to type haha). Anyway, it’s a great podcast to listen to to stay informed and get some perspective on the world.
– Stuff You Should Know . These little podcasts about random things are pretty cool to listen to on an odd day. This morning I learnt the entire history of the Pill.
– Black Swan . I’m not finished yet, but I’d never heard of this movie until the other day. It’s a sort of psychological thriller with Natalie Portman in it, and so far, so good (and chilling)!
– Shutter Island . I watched this at a friend’s house and was completely surprised as to how good this movie is. It’s got Leonardo DiCaprio in it and the storyline was so gripping. I’d 100% recommend.
Thanks for reading this week.